Anyone suffering through a separation or divorce would benefit from the advice of an experienced family law lawyer. That advice can prove to be economically - and emotionally - beneficial to those who are looking to protect their assets and live peaceably in the years ahead.  At the start of a relationship, a Prenuptial or Cohabitation Agreement will create a template for income and capital preservation and minimizes any friction if that relationship ends.  

The lawyers at Christlaw understand your needs and will meet them at a very affordable cost to you.  To begin the process download and complete our Family Law Questionnaire and book a free 10 minute consultation online and we will discuss the process and your expected legal costs.


Please fill-out our Divorce Questionnaire and bring it in to your appointment.

*The following prices are for legal fees only - taxes, court costs and disbursements are extra:

Uncontested or Bare Divorce $888 
Spouses are declared single again - Minutes of Settlement or a Separation Agreement may be incorporated (extra cost below). Book your appointment now.

Uncontested Divorce with Children $1,088
A simple divorce with additional material added to deal with children's issues - Minutes of Settlement or a Separation Agreement are usually incorporated (extra cost below).

Minutes of Settlement $488
A concise draft agreement as to parenting, child and spousal support and property division issues - further revisions charged at $300 per hour.

Separation Agreement $888
A comprehensive draft agreement on parenting, child and spousal support and property division issues for your spouse's consideration - further revisions at $300 per hour. Book your appointment now.

Courtroom Representation $300 per hour
A lawyer will prepare your material, research the legal issues and appear on your behalf before a judge or master of the court at $300 per hour.

 FAMILY LAW FAQS / Questions

What are the requirements for obtaining a divorce in BC? 
You must file a divorce application in the Supreme Court based on one of the following grounds:   
  • 1) You and your spouse have been separated for one year.     
  • 2) Your spouse committed adultery.     
  • 3) Your spouse treated you with intolerable mental and/or physical cruelty. 
  • 4) You or your spouse must be resident in BC for atleast one year.
Is a parent excused from child support payments when the other parent remarries? 
  • The non-custodial but biological parent has an obligation to support a child even if support from a stepparent is available. It must be determined what each parent's (including stepparents) obligations to the child are and then these obligations must be quantified according to the given circumstances. The child's best interest should not be negatively effected at the conclusion of this analysis. If a stepparent assumes financial responsibility for a child for at least one year, he or she can become obligated to pay a portion of the child-support. 
Does Central City Law Corp. only handle Uncontested Divorces?
  • Central City Law Corp. is always expanding and growing with the needs of the community. As of right now, we only handle uncontested divorces. However we are working on expanding our legal team and expertise to handle contested divorce cases in the very near future.  If you are considering a divorce or are in a contested divorce situation, please get in touch with us to see if we can be of assistance to you today.
  • If both parties are amicable and looking for an amicable divorce or separation, we can assist you.
What is the limitation period to apply for child support or spousal support?
  • There are different limitation periods under the Divorce Act and under the Family Law Act.
  • Under the Divorce Act there is no time limitation in which to apply for Spousal Support.
  • Under the Family Law Act the limitation period for applying for Spousal support is generally two years from the date the divorce was granted. However if the relationship lasted less then two years and the couple was unmarried but they had a child, then the time limitation to apply is within two years from the date of separation.
  • Under the Divorce Act, there is no time limitation to apply for Child Support.
  • Under the Family Law Act, there is no time limitation to apply for Child Support.
  • A 'Child of the marriage' is defined as a child who is 19 years of age or younger or is older then 19 but unable to be self-supporting. 
  • A child applying for Child Support would bring an application under the Family Law Act.
  • The three grounds for compensation are Compensatory, Non-Compensatory and Contractual.


<Child Support Calculation> On November 22, 2017 new table amounts were introduced for child Support, see what you would be obligated to pay with this easy to use calculator.
<Divorce and Separation> Very useful answers to some commonly asked questions regarding getting
Divorced in BC.
<Family Law in British Columbia> Useful tips for self-representation in a Family Law Trial.
<Separation and separation agreements> General information explaining what a Separation Agreement is and the parties involved in a Separation.
<Living together or living apart: Common Law Relationships, Marriage, Separation and Divorce> A simple guide explaining the steps to take when considering a divorce, depending on the type of relationship you are in.
<Children's Rights> Guidance with regard to Children's Rights during a divorce.
<Basic Child and Spousal Support calculator> A simple and easy to use basic Spousal and Child support calculator.
<Family Maintenance Enforcement Program> Guidance with regard to how to enroll in the FMEP and when it would be practicable to do so, to assist with enforcing an order or agreement.
<Family Court Forms> Comprehensive list of Provincial Family Law Forms you may require in court.<How to deal with a Supreme Court Financial Statement (Form F8)> When there is a claim of spousal or child support against you, this form is required for the judge/master to analyse your income, assets, debt and expenses.
<Guide to the New BC Family Law Act (FLA)> On November 24, 2011 the FLA became law, there were many changes to Family Law as a result. This guide explains many of them.
<Divorce Act> A link to the Federal Divorce Act. Marriage breakdown is the only admissible ground for divorce under this Act, accordingly this Act only applies to married spouses.
<Family Law Act> A link to the Provincial Family Law Act which applies to married/unmarried spouses. 
<Family Maintenance Enforcement Act> A link to the Family Maintenance Enforcement Act which is used to assist with enforcing entered orders and agreements between divorcees.